Discuss Close coupled cisten in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUCIALIA

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
a friends cistern was constantly running into the pan, i retified that problem but there is another, it won't flush, when the handle is operated a small amount of water enters the pan but not a full flush? i've tried diconnecting the handle & flushing manually but still the same?

Sounds like the diaphragm washer. If its a conventional syphon. That means a strip down and rewasher. Easy enough job cost wise and the washers are cheap. But it depends on the cistern and what sort of syphon is fitted. And it can take quite a while to do.

Is the syphon a two part repair syphon, a flapper valve, or a standard syphon? :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea, how can i tell?

It would appear to be a standard syphon, so can i presume it's a full strip down & rewasher?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Close coupled cisten in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock