Discuss Cmaray 5 Boiler - Water OK, Central Heating Not in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amarner

Good Evening,

I have a Canray 5 boiler to heat both my hot water and central heating and has been installed for 5 years.

In past 2 days, the radiators have been cold despite the controller on wall showing heating is on, but, no noise etc…from boiler as you would expect if it was on. On closer inspection the pipe out the boiler is hot and both the pipes for hot water and central heating are hot.

The heating does work if the water is switched on at the controller. The boiler kicks in and the radiators begin to get hot but eventually cut out once the water in tank has reached temperature.

Anyone experienced this problem before or have any suggestions as to what the issue can be. The boiler appears to be working as it should…

Andrew

Have you got Motorised valves?
Post a picture, it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the ball valve is not stuck in the F&E tank, the small tank it may be dry and ball valve stuck in the closed possition.

If it is wiggle it up and down until it runs

Gents,

Thanks for the responses.

Having no plumbing know how what so ever, i presume the motorised valves are on the switches shown below. In the foreground is the HW switch with CH behind. The black lever on the CH is showing as being open as "on" at controller but no heating from radiators.

Does that mean the motorised valve is closed or open for this to occur? Is it an eaasy fix for plumber?

Andrew

Photo0054.jpg

if you use the lever at the top to manually open the valve and see if this is the problem first as there could be other reasons as eco has said ( process of elimination )

I see you have a filling loop. What pressure is the gauge reading. Should be 1.5 bar.

lol ecowarm.
Trying to see what is being described in writting throws me off too.
It does help to see a photo.
Pictures speak louder than words,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cmaray 5 Boiler - Water OK, Central Heating Not in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock