Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Coffee any one :D in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
Changed a set of taps and was greeted with this (Hot tape stuck)

image.jpg

image.jpg

legionella risk ???? :D

Is it in a school? Used to have problems with water sitting in old galv pipes over the summer hols and coming out rusty at start of term. Only solution is to run it until it clears.
Could be sediment in CW tank, if the system's been drained and refilled any cr@p in the bottom of the tank would get stirred up and give you luvverly choccy water! If that's it then the tank should be drained and cleaned as you could get bugs in the sediment, also could cause problems with causing check valves to let by etc. Most schools I know usually have this done once a year for legionella prevention.

Is it in a school? Used to have problems with water sitting in old galv pipes over the summer hols and coming out rusty at start of term. Only solution is to run it until it clears.
Could be sediment in CW tank, if the system's been drained and refilled any cr@p in the bottom of the tank would get stirred up and give you luvverly choccy water! If that's it then the tank should be drained and cleaned as you could get bugs in the sediment, also could cause problems with causing check valves to let by etc. Most schools I know usually have this done once a year for legionella prevention.

Of course it is :) and all sorted and clean 35 mm main run with secondary returns both valves off for 6months as taps had stuck open and site manager turn the gate valve off ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Coffee any one :D in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock