Discuss cold water supply to handbasin mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi need help please,my wash hand basin has a hot water feed from the storage tank and a cold water mains feed to the two separate taps ,I would like to put a mixer tap in so do I need both feeds from the header tank and would it be ok to take a 15mm branch of the 22mm pipe that feeds my bath mixers on the cold side.

no need to run separate supply you only need to fit single check valves on both supplies or fit a bi-flow mixer tap

Biflow mixers tap is the way to go. Non return valves will not work. All they will do is prevent the higher cold pressure forcing itself up the hot pipe. The pressure will however still stop the hot from flowing after these valves are fitted. Something many find out the hard way.

Alternative is to balance supplies properly which means a tank fed cold feed. In which case ensure your Tap can be used on low pressure systems, many mixers cannot!
Or get a pump fitted to boost either one or all your hot water outlets

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cold water supply to handbasin mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a few mixer taps to install in bathrooms and kitchen. The kitchen tap also has a wondering spray arm capability. On researching...
Replies
Views
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on...
Replies
Views
Back