Discuss Cold water tank in the attic overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Yep agreed. I’m just going to put a NRV on the outlet from the pump for the sake of £5 and my brain exploding. Will update after fitted.

Ok so NRV fitted. Isn’t coming back into the tank at the moment but maybe because I turned off. Will check it over the course of the day to see if it’s come back. Thanks again for your help will keep you posted.

34802FEB-9309-42B9-B4E7-AE1428892E5D.jpeg

The small tank will fill your central heating the big tank fills your cylinder. Assuming it’s piped correctly the only place these to waters come close is in the coil in the cylinder, central heating water inside, domestic hot water outside. There could be a small pinhole in your coil meaning that when it heats and expands water from the smaller tank is able to pass into the domestic hot water. This then effectively makes it all one circuit no longer separate so the two tanks in the loft will try and achieve the same water level. This will only be the case though if the water level in the smaller tank is higher than that in the larger tank otherwise the same would happen only in reverse
Have traditional vented indirect system, in my case F&E tank base same level as large tank, so top level below, F&E tank overflows/steady trickle, maybe one bucket every 3 hours, also somewhat brownish water (water from taps crystal clear), guess it is coil, or could system be too hot (at one stage hot water was VERY hot), any suggestion?

Reply to Cold water tank in the attic overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a problem with my hot water header tank getting warm water into it from the bottom of the header tank (not the hooked...
Replies
Views
For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock