Search the forum,

Discuss Coloured baths in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anywhere that sells/manufactures coloured baths? Our peach bath is well past it's sell by date, but there is nothing wrong with the sink, toilet or tiles.

I'm not a dedicated slave to fashion, so don't care if I'm not cool, and I don't want to waste money just because the media has convinced the world that everything has to be white.

Just type peach bath into google and there are a load of websites that come up with them.

it will cost more than a complete white set, go and see a merchant or look lnline if your prepared to risk it

What a very un PC thread title :)

i think you'll find they are called baths of an ethnic origin :)

ill get my coat........

Peach baths look flipping horrible!!

Change the suite!!
It just shows how well the media hype works. They won't be happy until every room in the house is a combination of white and beige. Then they can sew the seeds of doubt in everyone's mind again, and most people will feel compelled to change to the new style that they will be told they must have.

Last edited:
Maybe, but if you are going to be a dedicated follower of fashion, then you have to expect your bathroom suite to look dated fairly quickly.

Peach, olive, brown, and all the other lovely colours all make me cringe. Sorry if I offended.

Maybe, but if you are going to be a dedicated follower of fashion, then you have to expect your bathroom suite to look dated fairly quickly.

Peach, olive, brown, and all the other lovely colours all make me cringe. Sorry if I offended.
Not at all. I'm not easily offended. I do agree though that the 1980s style dark colours were quite horrible, but the pastel colours of the 1990s were far more acceptable.

Remember in the 1970s, people couldn't wait to rip out their horrible white bathroom suites. Everything seems go go in cycles, which for a cynic like me seems like a good way of making people change their bathroom far more often than they would really like to.

peach, fair play. ive got an image of the shower being those rubber things that push over each tap.....proper retro.

People have been saying for years that coloured suites are bound to come back in. I hope so because that would mean everyone like the Smith's ripping out their old white ones to keep up with the Jones's. I'm not fussy about the colour when fitting someone else's bathroom suite.

cathedral do coloured baths and pottery though if you want a named one to match then dj cole do them if you want the number let me know but if you type it in you will find it

What's wrong with it? Acrylic baths can be refurbed.
It's got a small crack in it, due probably to being poorly fitted when the house was built, and the side panel has deteriorated so much that there is as much sellotape as panel. I don't think refurbishment is an option.

Phone round half a dozen bathroom installation companies and ask them to keep you one when they strip one out. I remove lots of different coloured suites and I'm sure that someone in your area will come across the peach colour that you require. Don't be put of by scratches either as these can be easily repaired.

Phone round half a dozen bathroom installation companies and ask them to keep you one when they strip one out. I remove lots of different coloured suites and I'm sure that someone in your area will come across the peach colour that you require. Don't be put of by scratches either as these can be easily repaired.

Do ya have to buy kits to repair them like resin and stuff or is there a cheeky trick.

if you cant find one buy a white bath and get the bath doctor in to spray it whatever colour you want

I've never liked the finish I've seen when the Bath Doctor has been. Repairs I've seen looked obvious because the area looked matt and had brush strokes in plus with the full bath (re-coats?) I've seen it looked like someone had tip-ex'd around the base of the taps. All the ones I've seen were by the same fella mind so it may just be him.

Edit: I'm talking steel baths here btw.

I've never liked the finish I've seen when the Bath Doctor has been. Repairs I've seen looked obvious because the area looked matt and had brush strokes in plus with the full bath (re-coats?) I've seen it looked like someone had tip-ex'd around the base of the taps. All the ones I've seen were by the same fella mind so it may just be him.

Edit: I'm talking steel baths here btw.
Never heard of the bath doctor, i could leave brush strokes when painting a bath but tbh id probably get covered and walk out the same colour as the bath.

There is a company called caron who make baths that have made a special order coloured bath for one of my customers just before Christmas including bath panel. They said they could do any of there baths for a surcharge on top of normal retail price.

this is there website, if you contact them they can tell you your nearest stockist.

[DLMURL]http://www.carronbathrooms.com/default.html[/DLMURL].

hope this helps.

steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Coloured baths in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, recently moved into new house, (the house is four years old), the bath has very low hot water temperature, I'm assuming its an anti scald device? The hot water in the rest of the house is fine, eg kitchen sink, utility sink, bathroom wash hand basins, etc, they all get nice and hot, its just...
Replies
Views
Just looking at a Mira Jump that needs a replacement on/off button. This is in my own house, but it has made me realise I don't know what I am looking at here, and would appreciate some of this forum's collective experience. Please... Internally all looks in good order with no evidence of...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We have a small bathroom, which currently has the toilet on the outside wall, and the sink on the inside wall. What are the chances/challenges of switching this round, i.e., fitting the toilet to the inside wall? Here's what I mean: So toilet would be hung from the stud wall, with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock