Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler & cold water tank in loft in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulcorfe

Hi all

Recently moved into an old terraced house- in the loft is a very dirty looking water tank that has seen better days. With the house having a combi boiler i thought it was redundant and was going to empty it and get rid of it whilst the roof came off. But to my horror it supplies at least my bathroom tap (i stopped checking where else just in case i am drinking it!).

What can I/should I do next? Get a plumber in to disconnect? Do i need it and it needs a deep clean?

I'm also having my mains water pipe replaced due to low flow- you dont think this has anything to do with it do you?

Many thanks
Paul

what does it supply in your bathroom and any chance of a pic ??

IMG_6926.jpg

It supplies the bathroom cold tap.

if it just supplys the bathroom cold tap your more than welcome to get rid of it and put in on mains cold (normally a plumbers job)

but you might need to replace the tap it feeds (might not seal due to the added pressure)

if it just supplys the bathroom cold tap your more than welcome to get rid of it and put in on mains cold (normally a plumbers job)

but you might need to replace the tap it feeds (might not seal due to the added pressure)

Thanks ShaunCorbs.

Any idea ish on the cost of such a job? (If there were no hidden surprises lurking!)

:)

Thanks ShaunCorbs.

Any idea ish on the cost of such a job? (If there were no hidden surprises lurking!)

Thanks ShaunCorbs.

sorry to save too many variables and we cant give costs out

best advice we can give it to get 3 quotes for the works but dont go for the cheapest if theres a big difference in price

Thanks ShaunCorbs.

best advice we can give it to get 3 quotes for the works but dont go for the cheapest if theres a big difference in price

Is there a fault with forum ? some reply's seem to be duplicating ????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler & cold water tank in loft in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock