Discuss Combi boiler losing small amount of pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowsride

My Boulter Buderas (now Worcester Bosch I think) combi boiler is normally pressurised to 1.5 bar. Over the last month it has lost 0.1 bar. Is this cause for concern or should I expect a small loss?

I have a heated towel rail in a bathroom that was getting air in it so I fitted an automatic bleed valve which has solved that problem but I guess there could be a leak somewhere causing this? The towel rail is much taller than all the standard rads and is the last in the line - don't know if that is significant.

A short while ago I moved a radiator in a bedroom and for the first time I used plastic push fit pipe. I didn't push it fully home the first time (didn't realise how hard you have to push) so got a real flood but I re-did all the joints and checked and re-checked and there was no evidence of any leaks.

There was a small seepage on another rad valve joint so I tightened it up and seem to have fixed it.

There is no obvious sign of leaks anywhere.

Thanks for any advice.

I wouldn't worry about it.When you moved the radiator you would have let fresh water in when you re-pressurised,and inevitably some air too. It will take a while to settle and the auto bleed valve activating will cause a small pressure loss. If you notice a larger drop,say down to 1bar,then that might indicate a problem,but don't lose any sleep over 0.1bar!!

Is your auto bleed valve the 'Aladdin' type? I'm not a fan of those,prone to leaking I find.

Thanks Bartdude I'll keep an eye on the pressure but will not worry overly.

Yes, the autovent is an Aladdin type - will watch for leaks but so far so good.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler losing small amount of pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock