Discuss combi boilers choice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Your right, should be one single pipe loop with branches off the each radiator. If you pipe in and out of each rad it would be very unbalanced and closing one rad off would cripple the system

I'm not an older boy though, I'm only 31, maybe that is old :(

If your old I'm past it then as I'm 36 lol. It just seems now you very rarely come across them where as the old boys who are probably nearing retirement would of been installing them.

Personally steer clear of microbore. I get its usefulness and ease of routing but its a much better job to run 15mm (off of 22mm feeds) to the rads.

Less likely to block (I know you have just had it flushed but in time it's inevitable the system health maintenance will be skipped and you'll end up with sludge build up)

Id get a quote for 15mm/22mm pipework and see what the difference is. If you can stretch for the 15/22 then do it.

If you can only stretch to the microbore then it'll generally still be a big improvement on a one pipe system.

Especially as the flushing of the system with one pipe system present causes difficulties in getting a thorough clean (unless every rad on the one pipe circuit was removed and flushed through manually).

Thanks Lee. Anyone else like to comment?

Thanks Lee. Anyone else like to comment?
Id agree with Lee and so will most other plumbers. Its used for speed and cost on newbuilds but it's not without its problem. Very easily effected by sludge build up. 22mm mains runs and 15mm copper drops to each rad would be my preferred choice.

I have seen a combi installation where the infloor loop was driven off of the potable side, the space heating loop was driving low profile rads which run at a higher temperature. Whoever did this work felt this was a simple solution and failed to use potable fittings and tubing.

If you are looking to install a combi boiler then you have come to the right place! We at All Heating One always welcome you to contact us for further information on selecting the correct combi boiler for your house, comparing pricing, suppliers, and all installation procedures.

Reply to combi boilers choice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock