Discuss Concertina toilet pan connector/soil stack leaking at joint. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Spoke too soon once we'd fitted the short piece between the soil & connector...…….tested flushing a few times now, BUT though not what you would call "dripping", there is still evidence of small bits of water when I run a tissue round the bottom part of the rim where the short piece is pushed into the stack. It's in as far as it will fit & the two pieces are level, from earlier advice here it's now sounding like the rubber seal in the stack is compromised. Not sure what 'fix' there will be for that - it runs behind the wall of our shower into the corner where the 'down' section is housed.

Very good points Rob, wish it was now our only thing to consider. But I'd have to say, we've only been replacing like for like - our en suite and our hall loo (both had Geberit cisterns developing identical leak from flush pipe at the same time ) were installed 6/7 years ago by 2 separate, qualified, plumbers! Clearly the 2nd one made 2 poor choices, the flexi connector & no short section between it & the stack!

Could a possible solution be to change the short section of plain pipe I've inserted, for a shortened section of this, inserting the 'fins' end right into the soil stack (so the fins will slide through the wider part of the stack & push into its narrower part, forming a seal).
upload_2019-6-10_9-7-5.png

The soil pipe looks like push fit to me, so if you’re able to removewhat looks like an elbow, then you could replace that. If you’re able to, take a photo of where the connection is, might be able to advise better.

Cut back the grey pipe just past the “bulge” and solvent weld a straight socket . Then work from there in rigid pipe and bin the flexi?

Photos show light grey soil stack, it is straight run of probably 5' & goes behind fitted cupboards & shower wall to the down pipe (can't see or access that), with the slightly wider end & a rubber seal inside.
Darker grey section is the plain ended pipe piece that we've just put in to get a better seal.
The white bit is the concertina connection. That definitely isn't leaking at the joint. For sure it's 'weeping' where the light & dark grey pipes join, assume the rubber seal in the soil stack end isn't sealing efficiently?
20190610_122841.jpg

20190610_123047.jpg

Where the connector goes in to the dark grey small section the fins have a good seal, no leaking. It's where the dark grey small section of pipe pushes into the 'stack' that's leaking, though the rubber 'washer' inside the stack looks OK, can only think it must be knackered, as suggested in an earlier response.

My favourite plumber/tradesperson is coming tonight. He'd have been doing the whole job if he wasn't in such high demand! It's a sympathy rescue - I'm fine with that!

Thank you everyone for your time & assistance.

Plumber dismantled the 3 parts & whipped out the soil stack rubber (blimey, didn't even know it came out), wasn't sure if one from a different piece of stack would fit, but happy that it did because when he got it in it didn't want to come back out! (We had the top part from the 1 metre piece we had to buy to cut off the small inserted section. So he used the rubber from that.)

Said the inserted section was too long & cut it in half. 30 minutes with 15 of chat, job done. Charge £......nothing. (We foisted a fair £ amount on him anyway.) His help invaluable, along with everyone else on here. Thanks very much.

Reply to Concertina toilet pan connector/soil stack leaking at joint. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a plumber in to replace my old pan connector as it was leaking due to the wax deteriorating. Now when this toilet clogs up (which is a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’ve got a close coupled toilet wher the waste come out of the back of the toilet then it’s a 90 degree bend to the right where it goes...
Replies
Views
Hi, fitting a back to wall toilet in a small cloakroom. The soil pipe is a vertical clay pipe about 20cm from the wall and so I will have to build...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock