Discuss Condensate trap on one year old boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Any idea why the condensate trap on a one year old ideal boiler would have so much sediment in it as seen in the picture? On other one year old boilers of the same model on this estate the condensate trap is clear. In the one in the picture there is also sediment in the black pipe that connects to the top of the trap.

Attachments

• IMG_20190913_125454.jpg
    IMG_20190913_125454.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
Did you ask of any frequent venting of rads? Any leaks on system? As you haven’t mentioned which system/boiler lid on tank ok? As Scott suggests dust entered system somehow?

It's on a sealed system so no tanks house around 10years old. I swapped the boiler about a year ago, the system water seemed clean when drained down. We did a flush too.

ive seen worse than like almost like tango i belive its something to do with the stainless hex and the manufacturing process

I’ve come across two like this an it related to constant pressure loss on sealed system. Haven’t heard back since replacing heat exchanger, all the basics was ruled out in previous visits exp vessel, prv etc. The first one I had boiler had been off for couple days, removed sump cover an pressurised the system to 2 bar you could literally see it pooling water at the bottom of the sump. May not be your issue but the 2 I have come across with dark sediment in the trap seemed to be internal leak on heat exchanger

*edit*
Just thought I’d mention I had no idea if they was a year old

Reply to Condensate trap on one year old boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An...
Replies
Views
Engineer has installed several boilers for me. All the condensate pipes have been connected externally into soil stack or rain water downpipe. In...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
I've a client with a rusty 20yr+ old Certikin 180 (44kw) oil pool boiler that needs changing. Certikins replacement looks like it is the exact...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock