Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Confused about BSP thread size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pophops

Hi. I'm a new member so please be gentle with me!
I have a narrowboat and have been experiencing some problems with the exhaust leaking fumes.
I have fitted a new flexible coupling because the old bellows had split but now find that the silencer has rusted through and needs replacing.
I need to identify the correct thread so I can order the right silencer. I've undone the unions at each end but it's difficult to measure exactly the diameter of the threads in the confines of the engine hole and the silencer bracket is rusted solid so I'll need to do some more work before I can remove it..
The thread diameter on each end of the silencer appears to be around 2 1/4" (57mm) - difficult to be precise. The confusion arises because the nuts on both unions are stamped 1 1/4" on one of the flats and incidentally are stamped 'GC' on another. the nuts measure approx. 2 5/8" across the flats.
Could anyone identify for me what size of fittings these are?
Thanks for any replies.

Welcome along mate, you only need to post once as the moderators may see this as spam

The threads would be 2" ;
[DLMURL]http://www.floconfilters.com/images/bsp_new.jpg[/DLMURL]

GC may be Gas Council possibly a gas approved fitting.

1 1/4" doesn't make sense

How old is the boat?

Last edited by a moderator:
If your narrowboat is as old as the one my sisters lives on then it could be any thread, reckon over the years we`ve found every imperial and metric threads known to man.

Do Halfords still sell those dunk in water and wrap around exhaust repair kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Confused about BSP thread size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock