Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting Grohe shower using adapters to 15 mm supply in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I've purchased a GROHE | Euphoria 260 Exposed Shower ( looks nice ) however Im missing some initial connecting adapters the installation instructions say it comes with " easy install adapters " and threaded tape ....I have neither of these ,all I have is the " S " unions ... so I did a bit of searching ( and there's not a lot of info about ) and found a Video albeit American showing the two items ...so it looks like its not how they are connected in Europe / Uk .... the little I did find all were saying the thread on the S Fittings was serrated and a nightmare to seal , some one did mention
that they used locktite 55 and it worked...... but just to contradict using the threaded seal I also found another official Grohe Video using teflon tape on them so a bit confused ... so was wondering has anyone fitted these ? and what fittings and what did they use from the 15 MM copper to the S Fittings
I have attached some pics to hopefully help

Attachments

• G shower 1.PNG
    G shower 1.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • G shower 2.PNG
    G shower 2.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • G shower 3.jpg
    G shower 3.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 11
  • G shower 4.jpg
    G shower 4.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Either sealant method is fine, the "S unions" are the easy install adapters. Screw them into a straight coupling which solders straight to 15mm pipe.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/floma..._4zmNyiFgvxnhSb74KUaAjLXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

What do you have in the wall or nothing yet as your re plumbing it ?

Either sealant method is fine, the "S unions" are the easy install adapters. Screw them into a straight coupling which solders straight to 15mm pipe.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/floma..._4zmNyiFgvxnhSb74KUaAjLXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Ah I see Brilliant just out of interest having serrations on the thread is it more likely to leak ? ......also the video I saw ( American )
showed these ( see pics ) very similar to what you've shown from screwfix its just you can cut then down to finish flush with tiles .
but with a bit of accurate measuring what youve shown will be perfect plus I have the luxury of the leaving the plasterboard off on the other side as its a new wall

thanks very much for your reply

Attachments

• Gshower 6.PNG
    Gshower 6.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • G Shower 5.PNG
    G Shower 5.PNG
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 9
Just have 15mm copper tube sticking out the walls for now then and get your self an easy fix kit.

I expect over 95% of plumbers ditch those connectors and use an easy fix kit, so much less to go wrong and can literally save an hour of labour working out wall depths etc

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/swirl...z8w4jeOD-s5cl-8VNjMaArWHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

No nothing yet as its a new installation in a loft conversion just putting up the internal/ dividing walls now so im thinking ahead

Just use the swirl as above

Just have 15mm copper tube sticking out the walls for now then and get your self an easy fix kit.

I expect over 95% of plumbers ditch those connectors and use an easy fix kit, so much less to go wrong and can literally save an hour of labour working out wall depths etc

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/swirl...z8w4jeOD-s5cl-8VNjMaArWHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
So the swirl kit replaces the ā€œ S ā€œ fittings supplied with grohe shower ā€¦..so itā€™s compression onto the 15 mm tail and then the shower body connects directly to threaded outlets exposed ā€¦ā€¦so no worrying about that dodgy serated thread and PTFE or lock tite
Sorry if stating the obvious but you would have to be quite accurate with the 15 mm tails ie distance apart and level ( which is not a problem ) does that sound correct ?
Ps just thought can you get copper solder elbows with a fixing plate as Iā€™ve just realised the shower body has no direct fixing to the wall it just hangs off the 15 mm pipe

Last edited:
The swirl shower fixings have screw holes so you can fix to the wall and yes you need to be accurate and level

The swirl shower fixings have screw holes so you can fix to the wall and yes you need to be accurate and level.
The swirl shower fixings have screw holes so you can fix to the wall and yes you need to be accurate and level
Iā€™ve just been reading the reviews on screwfix and they sound brilliant to use a lot less fussing about than the ones supplied ā€¦. Thanks very much for taking the time to answer ā€¦. Cheers

Thanks they look the nuts a lot easier to fit im getting them today ....Cheers

Thanks they look the nuts a lot easier to fit im getting them today ....Cheers
I bought the swirl fittings only thing Iā€™m concerned about is on the ends the originals have a rubber washer / gasket whereas the swirl ones have nothingā€¦ā€¦ do I need something in there ? ( see pics )

Attachments

• IMG_6604.jpeg
    IMG_6604.jpeg
    418.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6605.jpeg
    IMG_6605.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6606.jpeg
    IMG_6606.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6607.jpeg
    IMG_6607.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 8
Donā€™t worry.
When you attach the shower to the swirl fast fix you use either a rubber washer or a fibre washer, whatever is included with the shower, either is fine.
Ideally this washer has a mesh filter to catch any debris, you can buy them at any plumbers merchants if they are not included with your shower.

Donā€™t worry.
When you attach the shower to the swirl fast fix you use either a rubber washer or a fibre washer, whatever is included with the shower, either is fine.
Ideally this washer has a mesh filter to catch any debris, you can buy them at any plumbers merchants if they are not included with your shower.
Just checked the shower back at home and there is a fibre washer and mesh filter ( see pic ) ā€¦ā€¦ would it be belt and braces to add a rubber washer ?ā€¦ā€¦and also PTFE on the thread

Attachments

• IMG_6609.jpeg
    IMG_6609.jpeg
    415.8 KB · Views: 9
No fibre washer is fine on itā€™s own

As above just use the fibre washer.
Do it up nice and tight then turn the water back on. If there is a slight drip from either hot or cold just leave it for a while, the fibre washer will swell slightly and become watertight.

Reply to Connecting Grohe shower using adapters to 15 mm supply in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock