Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Connecting To Old 3/4" Copper Pipe That's Smaller Than Usual in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at 21.1mm) than it normally is. This means I've been unable to use the special 3/4 to 22mm compression fittings as the olive is just too loose. Similarly, I have a 3/4 to 22mm solder fitting, but that's too loose to make a good solder joint as well.

Anybody come across this situation and have any tricks?

Thanks!

Use a expanding / hammer expander to 22mm etc

@ShaunCorbs - Yeah I'm thinking that I might need to expand it using a pipe expander / swaging tool. Think I'd need to heat-treat if first so it isn't as hard. Is that your experience?

@fowlerboi - Yeah I know. Thanks, but I explained in the questions why that wasn't working.

Reply to Connecting To Old 3/4" Copper Pipe That's Smaller Than Usual in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock