Search the forum,

Discuss Contractor forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

Whos going to the contractor forum ?

It's a new forum owned by Dan who owns this forum too and is in addition to this forum, NOT to replace it!

I like the fact that all the different trades are on the one forum but under their own separate sections. It's great that when we want to find out something about another trade we don't have to trawl through several forums to find an answer.

Please feel free to pop over and have a browse and sign up. You'll be most welcome.
www.contractorforum.co.uk

Do I need another account, or will this one work on the other one?

Does this mean I get the chance to be the post count leader?! Are the other forums as busy as this one? I've been on the sparky and plastering ones but only on the nights we invaded and they seemed as dull as dishwater.

theres nobody on it ! if you asked a question you wouldnt get an answer just seen threads unanswered from 2009. ill give up on that and stay here !

Can't be bothered, can just about be bothered to come on here....

not really I love it on here

I'm a member now. Don't really like it though. Seems really different from here to be honest, maybe its just new and takes some getting used to.

I can see what stan is saying though. It'll just end up in slanging matches and one trade saying to another trade "you can't do that"

im a member though, but ill probably just stick to this forum.

Sorry x

Know exactly what you mean.

Support it guys. Even though this home and this is where you're all loved.

Am staying right here , better the devil you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
somebodys already got my moniker, dunno if its me or not?

well i got an email this morning about it so looked over it and then went out. then come back this afternoon googled contractor forum and made an account call "justin farenough" for a laugh then realised it was a totally different forum !

well i got an email this morning about it so looked over it and then went out. then come back this afternoon googled contractor forum and made an account call "justin farenough" for a laugh then realised it was a totally different forum !

I dont feel such a **** now

no your not ! i thought justin farenough will make the lads laugh then got on it was serious like about business and everything ! got out of there quick time

It's a new forum and like all things new, it will take time to grow and mature. It's in no way ever going to cause conflict with here. Many of the members on here are members of the other forums too and don't see any war going on there.

I think it's a good idea to have all the trades on a single forum. How many times have we faced a problem on a job with electrics or joinery or brickwork or just any other trade that we are not clued up about. We can now ask about it on the one forum instead of trawling through several.

The more join up, then the more posts it will get and the quicker it will grow. It will be a useful asset to run alongside this and the other forums, not to merge or replace it which is not going to happen.

I can see great potential with it and will stick it out over there as well as coming on here.

It's a new forum and like all things new, it will take time to grow and mature. It's in no way ever going to cause conflict with here. Many of the members on here are members of the other forums too and don't see any war going on there.

I think it's a good idea to have all the trades on a single forum. How many times have we faced a problem on a job with electrics or joinery or brickwork or just any other trade that we are not clued up about. We can now ask about it on the one forum instead of trawling through several.

The more join up, then the more posts it will get and the quicker it will grow. It will be a useful asset to run alongside this and the other forums, not to merge or replace it which is not going to happen.

I can see great potential with it and will stick it out over there as well as coming on here.

Carefully scripted words there system

I think the main trouble is we all hate change! Look how we kick off when there's a subtle change on here.

Plus how is it stopping the diyers from posting? I just filled in the gaps and joined up. Is it not trades only?

It's easy to tell a question asked from a diy'er compared to a tradesman. Through time when the forum grows it will be a requirement for proof of being qualified just like on here.

And Appy everyone did rejoice and there was merriment and laughter and talk of great things when we saw that you had signed up.

It's easy to tell a question asked from a diy'er compared to a tradesman. Through time when the forum grows it will be a requirement for proof of being qualified just like on here.

And Appy everyone did rejoice and there was merriment and laughter and talk of great things when we saw that you had signed up.

Sarcasm is the lowest from of wit! :30:

haha - There's a Cafe. A "Contractors Cafe". But we'll make a bar too as soon as it takes off a bit. Might even have a vote for an actual pub name this time too.

As for the threads being dead since 2009, it was launched in 2009, had an influx in members as we advertised it, and then I never did anything with it so they slowly dwindled back to our usual forums which is fair enough.

I've been working on it for a couple of days and thought I'd give it another go with some different software. Seems a lot prefer it to be honest but it is different and some people get used to what they know - also fair enough.

It's trade-only, so no DIY. And if guys don't run a business, or it looks like they're asking DIY-questions, they'll be banned and posts removed. It doesn't take long to clock a DIYer.

It's not in competition with our existing forums, it'll be a nice side-line. In the future, we'll have members register to it that wont be on our main trade forums, and we'll cross-promote those eventually and you'll end up with a few heads because of it, hopefully. So it's swings and roundabouts.

To those that have registered: thanks.
To those that haven't: no worries. Hope you still stay put here on UKPF. :)

Bloody hell a bit of change or something new and we're all doooooomed!

Reading through some threads there's builders asking questions on gas boilers etc is that going to be how it is?

To be fair, I don't like change myself.

As daft as this might sound, you can imagine me changing all my forums to green and red or something, I bet you 50% wouldn't come back. Yet it's the exact same forum, just a colour change. So I can understand if even the forum changed a bit. Sidebar on the left and not the right or something daft, another 10% would go. Wouldn't take too many small changes to lose 99%. I still get my 1% that wont go no matter how hard I try to get them to though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Contractor forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
B
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock