Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Contractor forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through some threads there's builders asking questions on gas boilers etc is that going to be how it is?

NO!

And if you can link me to those threads (which I'm guessing are old?) I'll remove them and PM the member(s).
Are they 100% builders, and not gas engineers?

Told you mate; it's going to bounce all over the place.

NO!

And if you can link me to those threads (which I'm guessing are old?) I'll remove them and PM the member(s).
Are they 100% builders, and not gas engineers?

Gas boiler in external brick garage is the thread I read. Sorry cant do links.

Gas boiler in external brick garage is the thread I read. Sorry cant do links.
Contact me over there and I'll get it deleted. I'll have a thorough look through all the old threads tomorrow and delete these threads and post up our gsr advice.

Found it. I've closed the thread and have replied saying why. To be fair, the thread was started in November 2009, and I don't think we even were too strict back then on UKPF too to be honest.

I'll make a rules thread for the forum so people are clear about it.

but nothing gas was mentioned ! it was frost stat and lagging ! its going to be stupid if you cant even mention the word boiler if sombodys throwing GSR at you or closing threads ! yes i understand the rules and i hate DIY gas ! i dont do it myself but sometimes just to much !

but nothing gas was mentioned ! it was frost stat and lagging ! its going to be stupid if you cant even mention the word boiler if sombodys throwing GSR at you or closing threads ! yes i understand the rules and i hate DIY gas ! i dont do it myself but sometimes just to much !

I don't think it's too much at all really. It's taken a long time and a lot of hard work by many on here to get to the point this forum is at. I think it will undermine all that has been done on here if it isn't mirrored on there.

Same rules as here will apply over there. No gsr advice will be given to non gsr's or they will get flogged with a metre long flexie.

We don't like change, we fear it.

I'll be staying put on here. I don't wanna talk to other trades. Not in a nasty way, just personally not interested.

I don't think it's too much at all really. It's taken a long time and a lot of hard work by many on here to get to the point this forum is at. I think it will undermine all that has been done on here if it isn't mirrored on there.

thats not my point though. i understand that it does take time and alot of money for lads to get there quals etc but if i read the thread rightly no gas was mentioned or the actult placement of boiler etc it was litrally lagging and pipestat ! and if you need to be GSR to lag a pipe then ill give up plumbing now !

The good thing about the contractor forum is that you don't have to listen to muppet customers droning on about how is oil boiler is tripping the electric or matey who has an axe to grind with WB cos they serviced his boiler in 20 minutes.

The good thing about the contractor forum is that you don't have to listen to muppet customers droning on about how is oil boiler is tripping the electric or matey who has an axe to grind with WB cos they serviced his boiler in 20 minutes.
Will have a peep then cos of what you have said :)

It's an alright forum to be fair. It wont be everybody's cup of tea, but it sure is a cool forum software-wise and idea-wise. Hopefully it takes off, and we will be sending some plumbing contractors over this way when they want to delve deeper into the plumbers minds!!!! OOoOooOooOoooooOoo *Derren Brown voice there*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Contractor forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock