Discuss Contractor forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha - There's a Cafe. A "Contractors Cafe". But we'll make a bar too as soon as it takes off a bit. Might even have a vote for an actual pub name this time too.

As for the threads being dead since 2009, it was launched in 2009, had an influx in members as we advertised it, and then I never did anything with it so they slowly dwindled back to our usual forums which is fair enough.

I've been working on it for a couple of days and thought I'd give it another go with some different software. Seems a lot prefer it to be honest but it is different and some people get used to what they know - also fair enough.

It's trade-only, so no DIY. And if guys don't run a business, or it looks like they're asking DIY-questions, they'll be banned and posts removed. It doesn't take long to clock a DIYer.

It's not in competition with our existing forums, it'll be a nice side-line. In the future, we'll have members register to it that wont be on our main trade forums, and we'll cross-promote those eventually and you'll end up with a few heads because of it, hopefully. So it's swings and roundabouts.

To those that have registered: thanks.
To those that haven't: no worries. Hope you still stay put here on UKPF. :)

Bloody hell a bit of change or something new and we're all doooooomed!

Reading through some threads there's builders asking questions on gas boilers etc is that going to be how it is?

To be fair, I don't like change myself.

As daft as this might sound, you can imagine me changing all my forums to green and red or something, I bet you 50% wouldn't come back. Yet it's the exact same forum, just a colour change. So I can understand if even the forum changed a bit. Sidebar on the left and not the right or something daft, another 10% would go. Wouldn't take too many small changes to lose 99%. I still get my 1% that wont go no matter how hard I try to get them to though lol

Reading through some threads there's builders asking questions on gas boilers etc is that going to be how it is?

NO!

And if you can link me to those threads (which I'm guessing are old?) I'll remove them and PM the member(s).
Are they 100% builders, and not gas engineers?

Told you mate; it's going to bounce all over the place.

NO!

And if you can link me to those threads (which I'm guessing are old?) I'll remove them and PM the member(s).
Are they 100% builders, and not gas engineers?

Gas boiler in external brick garage is the thread I read. Sorry cant do links.

Gas boiler in external brick garage is the thread I read. Sorry cant do links.
Contact me over there and I'll get it deleted. I'll have a thorough look through all the old threads tomorrow and delete these threads and post up our gsr advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Contractor forum in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock