Discuss cost of fitting a replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jrab1970

Hi Guys

Ive been asked to relace an old Main Medway automatic with a Main medway multipoint B/F. Also they want to diconect the gas wall heater in the bedroom. Also in another bedroom take the wall heater out and relace it with the first heater we removed, i was wondering what you would say was a fair price i was thinking around £400-£450 for installing it all. The new water heater is £330.

Id want alot more £330 for the heater and charge £400 for the job??? No chance

Leadbetter

Dont understand mate, the Main Multipoint is on plumbnation for £330 and the customer is buying it and is £400 to much? Im new to the business and the bloke i normally work with is on holiday this is the first job ive had to give a price on so i was just wanting to know what sort of price to look at, didnt want to go over the top either way

Ahhhh i read i wrong i thort u where supplying and fitting for £400

ha ha, nah mate just on about fitting it and swapping the wall heater for £400, what do u reckon

How long u rekon it will take you, and have you alllowed for fittings pipe etc ?

hoping 1-1/2 days 2 at the most, not thought about pipe or fittings, like i said i never price jobs up so im not really sure

I would allow 2 days on the job just in case,,, if your done in a day and a half its a bonus,,, 2 days and your coverd,,,, so work out what you want per day,,, and allow for pipe work and fittings,,,, EXAMPLE - £200 a day and £60 for fittings etc,,,, all depends on wst you want per day for your time and i havnt seen the job so what ever materials you use??

its a 5 hour job max and that includes going to buy it ,3 pipes all need cutting back , flue can be reused

ive changed 2 of these in the last week and it takes about 90 mins four bolts holding it on and you can reuse the flue as long as its in good nick 3 pipes less than a meter of copper and 3 bends and 3 straits easy and indeed peesy !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cost of fitting a replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even...
Replies
Views
I'm sure this is an old question but here goes. I'm looking for some advice regarding switching from a conventional boiler to a combi. I moved...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a had a gravity boiler replaced from a Potterton 80e to a more recent Valliant ecoplus boiler. The cold water tank is in the loft...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock