Search the forum,

Discuss Council bathroom fitting in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Anyone worked for the council installing bathrooms/kitchens possible adaptations?

I used to do dis adaptations

There ok problem is some of the houses you can guess but others were fantastic

On average it was 3 days per bathroom

Yes they normally sub out the gas side as it’s too much hassle we’ll ours council did

I did it for I would say 6 ish years

And yes but depending on floor solid concrete yes akw tuff into floor but if byson beams / pre cast no going into the floor tray ontop and chase out for pumped drain etc

Did you like it? I think maybe in the long term I may get bord just fitting bathrooms

Yes and no depends on the clients let’s say old mrs Jones would do them day in day out and be greatful

Then you get the others just take take take

Can imagine there pretty labour intensive work. The tenent just managed in this time scale with no showering facilities? They didn't move the tenent out?

Depends on what was being done whole bathroom sometimes they moved but most just had to manage and you have to keep the toilet operating which was a pain

Did you just do adaptations for the council Shaun? I took a job with them been with them for about 10 weeks. I'm finding the work terribly boring.

Yes it’s repetitive yes but that’s plumbing in general tbh

Money ok ?

Yes I prefer the heating side. It's so so. It's the package with the pension and holidays. There plumbers scale is 32-35k. I was on 36k before as a gas safe plumber. I was hopeful of moving over to the gas side later. I think long term I would like to do heat pumps though. I have been on a few manufacturers courses.

Reply to Council bathroom fitting in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010. It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock