Discuss Credit card interest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

So, I buy all my materials in a credit card.

I usually pay it off every month with what I get paid.

If I don't pay it off for some reason, can the interest charge be put as an expense? Or it is my tough cheese?

Happy Sunday

Rct

I didn`t read it as a proper business loan just a credit card.

I don't see why you shouldn't, so long as you only claim the interest on the materials relating to the business, and keep proper records.

If you had a business overdraft, the interest and charges on that would be a legitimate expense.

However, it might be wise to check with an accountant rather than us lot.

Thx. I agree with Ray. I just found this

Advertising, marketing and promotional costs can be classed as expenses, as can fees you pay to an accountant, solicitor, surveyor, architect, stock taker, etc. You can also claim back interest and alternative finance payments on bank and other loans (including overdrafts) and alternative finance arrangements, as well as bank/credit card charges and

Any business expense is tax deductible.
You incured the interest on the card as a result of you doing business, not because you did home shopping or went abroad on holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Credit card interest in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Vokera 15 vhe boiler and all has been running well for the last 6 months since moving in up until a few weeks a go. Boiler throws up...
Replies
Views
Hi recently my pre paid gas ran out. I checked and I had 15 credits. I know my mums boiler had the same issue where it shuts off if there are only...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, I'm really here with the agenda of getting other peoples thoughts on charging deposits. To date I usually charge a third of my labour to...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock