Discuss Crestalux 10040188 angled rad valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Danfoto

OK, I admit defeat. This valve came as part of a TRV + lockshield valve kit, and neither head-scratching nor Google has done me any good ...

The valve comes with a squared plastic knob on it to open and close the valve, and it also comes with a plain cylindrical cap. I assumed that the idea was you pull off the squared cap and replace it with the cylindrical cap to turn the valve into a lockshield, but the squared cap/knob doesn't want to come off.

Where am I going wrong here please?

hi danfoto have you fitted it to the rad yet?,if not when you do it will give extra leverage cap should come off then

Haven't fitted it yet GM - so basically I just heave on the squared cap/knob thingy i.e. it's a push/clip-on fit?

yes unless it has a push in disk at the top it may have a screw under it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Crestalux 10040188 angled rad valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, would appreciate some advice on next steps with conservatory rad. Single conservatory rad not heating up at all, neither pipe getting...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
I have just tried to balance my heating system (16 cast iron rads, 3 towel rails), all the lockshields were fully open. When I try to close them...
Replies
Views
New double panel column radiator Cold Turned off all rads not helped Checked trv pin seems fine Locksheild i think is ok see pic sttached...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock