Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting copper pipe in a very tight space in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I'm running copper pipework for my new bathroom and there's a spot about the isolation valve which is really tight because everything has to fit behind the wall until it can run under the bath and there wasn't much space as there's a sink there too. Made a silly mistake with the angle an elbow was facing and need to cut back and redo that joint. I can't get my pipe cutter to turn round there - any advice please?

Thanks
Rachel

If the goal is to adjust the angle of the elbow….heat it back up with the torch and pull it off with a pair of grips.

As soon as it’s off and the pipe/solder is still hot, wipe it with wire wool/flux brush to remove excess solder to make it easier to get a new elbow back on.

If the goal is to adjust the angle of the elbow….heat it back up with the torch and pull it off with a pair of grips.

As soon as it’s off and the pipe/solder is still hot, wipe it with wire wool/flux brush to remove excess solder to make it easier to get a new elbow back on.
Wow thanks, I never thought of redoing the bad elbow joint. Will bear in mind for the future. In the end I redid the section as it seemed the easiest full proof solution.

Reply to Cutting copper pipe in a very tight space in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission accomplished. However, I now have a further issue for which I would welcome any suggestions or advice. I decided to replace the McAlpine Pedestal...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current tap is connected with copper down to plastic pipes. I've attached photos below of what's there now and what the new flexi tails look like (is that a...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just discovered that my bath overflow drain pipe is not connected as the flexible drain tube looks like it has been cut off at some point. After studying...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock