Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Cylinder charging off, can't get controls working properly... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcinnes01

Hi,

I have just got an ecotec 637, vrc470, vr81/4 and vr61/2.

I also have a fabdec excelsior 255l indirect unvented store.

I finally have all my controls wired up after a few chats with valiant technical, however I can't for the life of me get the timed programs working for HW or CH.

I have 2 CH zone (upstairs and downstairs) with the vrc470 downstairs and the vr81 upstairs. I only seem to manually be able to get CH downstairs if I set a manual temperature and the HW I can't seem to get working at all without manually opening the valve.

If I press HW boost on the 470 and put it in comfort mode I get "cylinder charging off" flashes up on the boiler.

Does anyone know how to get it working, I have read through all the manuals both "for the expert" and "for the idiot" and am still none the wiser?

Cheers,

Andy

Does all your wiring originate through the boiler terminals? Seen it in the past where the time clock has been wired off the fused spur and then to the boiler, it don't work. So wire from fused spur to the boiler then out to the timer and other controls.

Hi,

The wiring following out from the boiler is as follows:

ebus -> VR61/4 -> VRC470 -> VR81/2

VR10 to orange and black hanging loose in boiler (as instructed by valliant technical).

The 3 zone vales go on to the 3 valve terminals in the VR61/4

Power to both the boiler and VR61.

The valves for the HW and CH zones are attached to the VR61 as recommended again by valliant.

I have not as yet attached the weather compensator as I need to run this cable when I do the upstairs rewire which is only chased out at the moment. This will got to the x41 terminal in the boiler however.

hth

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cylinder charging off, can't get controls working properly... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock