Discuss Dangerous??? please advize in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Terry0101

hello all,

I am house sitting for a friend whilst they are away on holiday, the day I arrived here I noticed there was no hot water or heating so I quickly opened and closed the valve underneath the boiler as I seem to remember the guy showing me this if the boiler played up, this ignited the boiler and gave me both CH and hot water, however the pressure go's up to about 3.5 so I bled the rad on the top floor and pressure is back to normal. Problem now is that every morning I am having to do this as the boiler keeps needing igniting. Is this dangerous at all?? They are away for a few weeks and I don't want to make the boiler any worse by having to do this. I am checking that the pressure is always around 1.5 bar and not much higher, I just don't want to be in a dangerous situation.

I have read online that the expansion chamber could be knackered but that's the house owners problem, I just want to be sure that what i'm doing is ok.

What make of boiler is it?.
1.5 bar fine if it stays roughly there all day up or down a littel bit is ok
One daft thought, most boilers these days do not have a poilt is that what you are looking for.

Heating systems don't like constantly bringing in fresh water, it rots them quicker.
Whilst what you are doing is not going to cause the end of the world, it is strongly recommended to get the jobs sorted asap.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dangerous??? please advize in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock