Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Dangers of incorrectly installed boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

S

steven58

We are renting currently boiler in active for more than 3 weeks no despite landlord having 6 engineer visits It just stopped working had a fix lasted two weeks then off again. so know getting onto a 5 week issue. No current gas safe certificate in place boiler installed to low with not a enough space underneath. condensation pipe was cut by an engineer as it was feared it was frozen ( pipe runs along an outside wall unlagged into outside downpipe 3rd floor flat ) pipe not been rectified so water has been turned off and the gas turned off been like this for 3 weeks. Last engineer declared it un safe primarily because of the height thing didn't or attempt any repair or test anything else as per wrong installation. What's the initial dangers of a boiler being installed with less than half the clearance to the floor as recommended by the installation instructions. We dont have a current certificate in place and the one before cant be provided either. And if t could how could have it passed if not installed correctly?

Nothing other than a pain to work on not unsafe just because there’s not enough service clearance below

Reply to Dangers of incorrectly installed boiler in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock