Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Dbl NRV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Cut my hands to bits fitting a pair of 15mm double NRV's supplying bath/shower mixer. Turn water back on cold fine, no hot. Undo the verifiable nut to get water out of it. Try tapping the body with spanner to no avail. Then have to remove it, and it had to be the furthest one away. Turns out it had two inlet valves fitted in it so it locks up. I was mighty pished off.

Heres a tip for you.
Dip your hands in vinegar at least once a week for 10 minutes or so.
They don't burst or cut so easily :wink:

I used that technique on my conkers
back in my school days. Still undefeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dbl NRV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Need to pick your brains if you have a moment. I attended a flat where in one bathroom the hot water on the basin had major low...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock