Discuss Different length of warranty between the installer and the boiler company? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cidfenmaria

Hope some experienced installer here could advise me:

I had a new combi boiler installed last month and I bought 5 yrs warranty from an installer. When I rang the boiler company they said I could only get 2 yrs for that specific model, I then asked the installer why he said that's because he'll need to register for me through a creditor (which I am not sure what it is) The installer also said he'll forward that warranty to me soon.

The above happened a few weeks ago however I am no longer able to get hold of the guy. I am a bit concerned because the offical time to register is running out (30 days says on the boiler booklet). Now should I bite the bullet to ring the boiler company to get 2 yrs (instead of 5 yrs that I paid) base on my position.

2 years Ideal logic
7 years Ideal logic+
Approved installers don't get to offer extended warranty and they don't offer a paid extension unless maybe it's through a third party or insurance type scheme?

Post some pictures if you can

Last edited:
thanks, either 2yrs or 7yrs, that's Exactly what the boiler company told me, Mine is 2 yrs

the installer promised 5yrs and said it's from a creditor so I trusted it.

So now should I get the installer pay me back the difference (between 5yrs and 2 yrs), or, should I just finger cross think he is still able to get me the 5yrs warranty somehow? Would there be such a thing so called creditor to boost the default 2yrs to 5 yrs (or in another word he is not telling the true)?

what picture do you need btw?

Pic of the install eg boiler and not normally

as I could remember not yet. is that a form found in the manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Different length of warranty between the installer and the boiler company? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock