Discuss Different length of warranty between the installer and the boiler company? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cidfenmaria

Hope some experienced installer here could advise me:

I had a new combi boiler installed last month and I bought 5 yrs warranty from an installer. When I rang the boiler company they said I could only get 2 yrs for that specific model, I then asked the installer why he said that's because he'll need to register for me through a creditor (which I am not sure what it is) The installer also said he'll forward that warranty to me soon.

The above happened a few weeks ago however I am no longer able to get hold of the guy. I am a bit concerned because the offical time to register is running out (30 days says on the boiler booklet). Now should I bite the bullet to ring the boiler company to get 2 yrs (instead of 5 yrs that I paid) base on my position.

2 years Ideal logic
7 years Ideal logic+
Approved installers don't get to offer extended warranty and they don't offer a paid extension unless maybe it's through a third party or insurance type scheme?

Post some pictures if you can

Last edited:
thanks, either 2yrs or 7yrs, that's Exactly what the boiler company told me, Mine is 2 yrs

the installer promised 5yrs and said it's from a creditor so I trusted it.

So now should I get the installer pay me back the difference (between 5yrs and 2 yrs), or, should I just finger cross think he is still able to get me the 5yrs warranty somehow? Would there be such a thing so called creditor to boost the default 2yrs to 5 yrs (or in another word he is not telling the true)?

what picture do you need btw?

Pic of the install eg boiler and not normally

as I could remember not yet. is that a form found in the manual?

Think the only thing that has been done is the OP, No Benchmark cant get him to answer phone and I bet they over paid as well.

sounds like it but something else is bugging me with the op not putting pics up as well

Nightmare. Definite photos please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Different length of warranty between the installer and the boiler company? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back