Discuss Direct fired gas burner issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hello

Hope some one on here may be able to help with a few queries i have regarding the law and regulations regarding some plant.

Essentially the Direct fired burner is mounted in an air stream inside of an AHU which is dehumidifying the air. However there are two air streams. One stream is having moisture removed and the other that is being heated by the burner is removing the moisture and taking it away and back to outside.

Unlike a space heater no products of combustion are being vented in to the room. They are expelled outside of the building.

Would it be a case of classing the Duct containing the moisture laden air that has passed through the burner, and contains the POC, as a flue?

This duct has air moving through it at around 500m3/hr so POC is heavily diluted.

I dont seem to be able to get a definate answer from any one regarding the exact rules and regs on this.

A flue gas analyse will basically show nothing, and someone has tried to say that due to the heavy dilution it does not need to be done.

Thanks.

Afternoon. Register with us and someone will no doubt have some pearls for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Direct fired gas burner issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock