Search the forum,

Discuss discharge issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Is there any other other option of discharging waste other than a saniflow when one is required?
Looked at a job and previous plumbs has a massive run of soil with not quite enough fall on it so bog is not clearing properly . Also would have to run a new discharge pipe for saniflow if have to use one which is not ideal .

There is a wide choice of macerators on the market Hammers from £90 upwards but at end of day you get what you pay for so don`t expect more than a 1yr warranty and no back-up whats so ever if there is a problem with the cheap one`s (and one well known expensive manufacture as well). Some claim to have engineers yet when you ring them they simply say "Buy a new one". Most require a minimum fall of 1:100 (10mm per m) have you got that? if so just T into somewhere.

Just to add, if the connection is on a horizontal pipe above the macerator then you must go up and over to come down and join the pipe from above. A T from below simply cause`s problems but is an easy mistake to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to discharge issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys question about saniflos 💩 I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Im looking to install a saniflo or similar, with the outlet rising up through a flat roof and into a soil stack above. The problem is, this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock