Discuss Do you know why our washing machine is tripping the RCD? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Do you know why our washing machine is tripping the RCD?......it works for a bit, then the RCD trips......the other L-N breaker doesnt trip

Maybe when the water heating element is switched on by the program, because the element has corroded and developed a leakage current to earth. Or with a washer dryer, same thing with the drying element.
Or alternatively some other electrical component failing, and when it's activated by the program, trips the RCD.

Probably requires investigating with an insulation tester or multimeter at component level.

You could try googling faults with your particular model, to see if there is a common culprit!

Reply to Do you know why our washing machine is tripping the RCD? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, does anyone know why the water only fills 1/3 of the way please?
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock