Search the forum,

Discuss Drain snake stuck in the u bend in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

L

LucyHarrison

So my toilet got blocked and none of the usual methods were working. I had a drain snake lying around in a kitchen drawer so thought I'd give it a go. I didn't bother to check online how to use it etc (obviously 🙄) I just shoved it down the u bend and wiggled it about a bit and all the Rubbish (literally) drained, toilet unblocked... Success! Then I went to remove the drain snake. Nope. Not budging. At all. I then decided to have a look online. I may have possibly put the drain snake down the toilet the wrong way round. Plastic bit first. And it has become lodged in the u bend. No matter how hard I pull it just isn't moving.
My husband will be home from work late tonight/early this morning, and if possible I would love some advice on how to fix this nightmare myself. I really can't stand to hear about how this is just like the time I tried to fix the boiler myself, or the time I tried hiring a circular saw and installing a cat flap with just a 2 min YouTube tutorial for guidance. I will call a pro of I have to but I'd really rather not, so if anyone could give me some advice so I don't get another "I told you so" and I can fix my toilet I would be extremely grateful!!

I pull the toilet out. Might be a bit above your skill set though…

What diameter snake did you use? If small, you might get a hose/flexible pipe threaded over the snake and down past the bend, this might help you free/pull it back. A garden hose? Maybe a hoover hose like a Henry.

They also move easier when being rotated. Could put the free end in a drill and slowly twist/pull it. This could also end with the spring getting all knotted up and making this worse.

Reply to Drain snake stuck in the u bend in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So I have a main drain that is plugged up in my apartment complex I rented a snake got it unplugged then flushed toilet paper down the toilet then it plugged right back up (I have the man hole cover off out on sidewalk ) anyway so I snake again I can feel the end of snake hitting something about...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Hi We have been in our property for about 6 months. It was built in 2019. After about a month the downstairs toilet was blocked so we called Dyno-rod who did their stuff and about ÂŁ200 later it was fixed! 5 months later and it has happened again - I can't afford to keep paying for the fix...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
V
Hi there, I recently hired a plumbing company because I was having water backup into my basement shower when the washing machine would drain water. I thought they were just going to come and snake out the shower but the tech said he needed to remove the toilet to snake the main line. After that...
Replies
Views
Veronica M
V
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock