Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Drain snake stuck in the u bend in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

L

LucyHarrison

So my toilet got blocked and none of the usual methods were working. I had a drain snake lying around in a kitchen drawer so thought I'd give it a go. I didn't bother to check online how to use it etc (obviously 🙄) I just shoved it down the u bend and wiggled it about a bit and all the Rubbish (literally) drained, toilet unblocked... Success! Then I went to remove the drain snake. Nope. Not budging. At all. I then decided to have a look online. I may have possibly put the drain snake down the toilet the wrong way round. Plastic bit first. And it has become lodged in the u bend. No matter how hard I pull it just isn't moving.
My husband will be home from work late tonight/early this morning, and if possible I would love some advice on how to fix this nightmare myself. I really can't stand to hear about how this is just like the time I tried to fix the boiler myself, or the time I tried hiring a circular saw and installing a cat flap with just a 2 min YouTube tutorial for guidance. I will call a pro of I have to but I'd really rather not, so if anyone could give me some advice so I don't get another "I told you so" and I can fix my toilet I would be extremely grateful!!

I pull the toilet out. Might be a bit above your skill set though…

What diameter snake did you use? If small, you might get a hose/flexible pipe threaded over the snake and down past the bend, this might help you free/pull it back. A garden hose? Maybe a hoover hose like a Henry.

They also move easier when being rotated. Could put the free end in a drill and slowly twist/pull it. This could also end with the spring getting all knotted up and making this worse.

Reply to Drain snake stuck in the u bend in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock