Search the forum,

Discuss DT10RF Digistat wireless design issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex100

Hi all

My 2 months old wireless DT10RF Digistat thermostat (running with a 2 month old Greenstar 38CDi combi) sometimes doesn't turn on the boiler when it's calling for heat (flame signal on). Batteries are fine, so I will run through checking signal strength and see if it will have to live nearer the boiler.

My question - or observation - is this morning I noticed that the heating came on fine but then it didn't turn off when the thermostat was timed to do so (flame was off on the thermostat but the boiler was merrily running the heating, oblivious to what the thermostat thought should be happening). So, it must have lost the radio link when someone closed a few doors between the thermostat and the boiler. I would have imagined the units were designed so the boiler defaulted to off when the radio link was lost, but apparently not. Seems like a design fault, not to auto off? Or is it a faulty unit to allow that when link is lost?

Thanks
Alex

Where is the boiler located in the house?

Upstairs back study. Stat is downstairs in dining room, one room forward of study upstairs. There is one thick solid wall between them (18 inch) albeit with a door upstairs and down through that wall, and the ceiling of course. Distance is not far, about 8-10m.

Upstairs back study. Stat is downstairs in dining room, one room forward of study upstairs. There is one thick solid wall between them (18 inch) albeit with a door upstairs and down through that wall, and the ceiling of course. Distance is not far, about 8-10m.
I thought it could have been the frost protection kicking in, but that's unlikely with the boiler inside the house.

18 inch walls (old house?) will attenuate the signal a lot. Have you checked the strength of the signal? Details are in the installation section of the manual.

Have you tried moving the stat to a different part of the room, or even to a different room?

signal strength is indicated buy number of bars if memory serves? you would think if the boiler lost the signal or thought a problem exists it would alter to hypothermia temp (approx 16 degress) until it was addressed.

I had a simular problem with the same stat last week but boiler would some times not come on signal strenth when installed 4 bars.timer showing off and can not be changed due to not receiveing signal from thermostat so installed new dt10rf set up all worked fine when there customer rings next day same thing ring worcester and the say that there is some wireless device in the home stopping the signal and advize to hard wire it firt time i have had rf not work.

I had a simular problem with the same stat last week but boiler would some times not come on signal strenth when installed 4 bars.timer showing off and can not be changed due to not receiveing signal from thermostat so installed new dt10rf set up all worked fine when there customer rings next day same thing ring worcester and the say that there is some wireless device in the home stopping the signal and advize to hard wire it firt time i have had rf not work.

Thanks lee. Yeah, it must be intermittent wireless interference. They are supposed to work on a dedicated channel but it's seems not. The signal is really strong everywhere in the house (4 bars), and even if I walk it out the front door and up the street a bit. Wireless: they call it progress - I call it hassle.

Think I'll suffer it until the inconvenience is worth the likely ÂŁ200 quid for a wired one.

Yeah, signal strength is full 4 bars throughout the house. When the problem comes, the Antenna on boiler flashes, showing the link has been lost - I reestablish it by walking Digistat close to boiler and then it works anywhere in house again.

I googled this issue and found it's pervasive - lots of people revert to wired connections. I'm guessing some form of wireless interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to DT10RF Digistat wireless design issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
I have a ideal logic 30 boiler ,the thermostat receiver looks to have died ( no lights on wired receiver ) I believe this need# replacing but in the mean time does anyone know if I can override the thermostat if heating is required please? the handheld thermostat is working it’s the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock