Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Dual flush toilet leaking in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I have a dual flush toilet that's leaking water from the cistern to the bowl. I've taken the flush system out cleaned the washer of gunk, cleaned the bottom of the tank and it's still leaking-in fact it was leaking more at 1st! I rotated the unit a little and it slowed down; I can't rotate it more though. Do you think the washer needs replacing? I've checked it, it looks tight ton the unit, cannot see any cracks or splits on it. It is 15+ years old though.... Any advice gratefully accepted.

Sounds like the washer or the unit might be gummed up so binding up when closing ? Does it move smoothly?

When you say 'cleaned the bottom of the tank', did you clean the inside of the flush valve 'socket', ie the surface that the washer seals against. That can get a calcium deposit on it that encourages a leak.

Reply to Dual flush toilet leaking in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I noticed when I was cleaning the toilet the other day that there are some large cracks just under the rim jet area of my toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank takes about 10 seconds to empty and it’s kind of showers down from the middle, rather than that sudden...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock