Discuss Durgo Valve. ans smells in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bodd

I installed a shower room about a year back. Customer complains of smells. I prosume its coming from the shower trap being sucked away. I have run 2 inch from trap to underneath branch for WC. She has a Durgo valve that she beleives is 17 years old. The Valve (against my advice) has been boxed in without an access for maintanance. It all seems pretty seal, and I susspect that because the valve cannot breath its causing a vacume and sucking the trap from the shower.
It also has a basin going into the side of the tee. could that be it.

Am I talking rubbish or am I along the right tracks.

Never to old to be educated.

Bod

even if a Durgo is boxed, the boxing is unlikely to be completley air tight causing a vacum, more likely the durgo after 17 years has got itself stuck in the open position therefore letting back back smells

Common problem with durga valves installed too low it should be at least 6ins above the highest water outlet which is probably your sink overflow.

durgos should always have access, like any other mechanical fitting they can fail so it has probably jammed in the open position

Thanks fellas I'll cut an access with my Fein saw and replace the valve. Was a bit worried that maybe I plumbed it in wrong and it was self syphoning.

Thanks again Bod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Durgo Valve. ans smells in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock