Discuss edincare macerator problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

les luchini

2 Edincare macerators in same property recently fitted (not by me!) one of them when you put the fuse back in the spur it trips the rcd in the db, the other unit making a grinding noise discharge pipes appear to be clear on both. Any ideas please? Kind regards Les

2 at fault in same property.

1. when fuse is replaced is spur it trips the mcb

2. Is making a grinding noise

both are backing up but on inspection there appears to be no blockages in the pipe work.

Anyone any ideas please, would be really grateful for any help, losing the will to live now!:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked inside units if waste pipework clear sounds as though someone is putting items down loo they should'nt
Maybe triping as motor jamed and damaged
Is property tenanted
did they have visiters at xmas who did not know the limitations of units :(

Have you looked inside units if waste pipework clear sounds as though someone is putting items down loo they should'nt
Maybe triping as motor jamed and damaged
Is property tenanted
did they have visiters at xmas who did not know the limitations of units :(
Hi Puddle

Thanks very much for the info, found one to contain what appeared to be some kind of wipes, cleaned it out and is now working ok. The other unit looked to be fairly clean inside checked the internal hose from the pump to the discharge pipe, looked to be clear, but unit still tripping mcb (does not make any start up noise or anything), any other ides for this one or could it maybe a loose conncection somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to edincare macerator problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock