Discuss Effective removal of selotape and labels from a WC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anybody please recommend an effective method for removing selotape and labels from a WC. I have just opened the delivery box to find the pan, cistern and lid absolutely covered in the damn things – no doubt a display model.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the speedy reply, guys.

herbert: I will give the WD a try.

galaxy_plumbing: Sadly, there is not really time for it to be returned and exchanged as I need to install it a bit pronto.

Howsie: Have not used any turps for years but I will try the WD first and then obtain some turps if necessary.

Cheers. :smile:

CT1 Multisolve It removes everything even silicone in seconds
[DLMURL="http://www.ct1ltd.com/multisolve.html"]Multisolve - CT1Ltd[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Could anybody please recommend an effective method for removing selotape and labels from a WC. I have just opened the delivery box to find the pan, cistern and lid absolutely covered in the damn things – no doubt a display model.

Thanks for any help.
With a name like that you'll probably spray with WD40 and it will slip out of your hands , fall on your foot, break your toe ,smash into hundreds of bits. You won't be able to get a replacement because its an end of line display model . We're you bullied at school?

Acetone , works the best and if you cant find any by a pot of waste pipe cleaner its acetone, just 4 times the price:), or nick the womans nail polish remover

Surgical spirit available over the counter at chemist's apply with cotton bud's regards turnpin:rolleyes2:

Rays first failure, he is human, I was beginning to wonder, thanks for the biscuits again, I found the remnants tonight:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Effective removal of selotape and labels from a WC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, Trust everyone is well and keeping safe. Apologies in advance for the lengthy post but I could really do with some advice as I'm mid...
Replies
Views
Hi all Got a very old looking outside tap at our house which is not in use. A plumber is visiting soon to do a bathroom refit, and whilst here...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Hoping for a bit of advice/info in this one: My Setup Small system in apartment with cold tank above hot tank in the hotpress, so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Back