Search the forum,

Discuss Effective removal of selotape and labels from a WC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anybody please recommend an effective method for removing selotape and labels from a WC. I have just opened the delivery box to find the pan, cistern and lid absolutely covered in the damn things – no doubt a display model.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the speedy reply, guys.

herbert: I will give the WD a try.

galaxy_plumbing: Sadly, there is not really time for it to be returned and exchanged as I need to install it a bit pronto.

Howsie: Have not used any turps for years but I will try the WD first and then obtain some turps if necessary.

Cheers. :smile:

CT1 Multisolve It removes everything even silicone in seconds
[DLMURL="http://www.ct1ltd.com/multisolve.html"]Multisolve - CT1Ltd[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Could anybody please recommend an effective method for removing selotape and labels from a WC. I have just opened the delivery box to find the pan, cistern and lid absolutely covered in the damn things – no doubt a display model.

Thanks for any help.
With a name like that you'll probably spray with WD40 and it will slip out of your hands , fall on your foot, break your toe ,smash into hundreds of bits. You won't be able to get a replacement because its an end of line display model . We're you bullied at school?

Acetone , works the best and if you cant find any by a pot of waste pipe cleaner its acetone, just 4 times the price:), or nick the womans nail polish remover

Surgical spirit available over the counter at chemist's apply with cotton bud's regards turnpin:rolleyes2:

Rays first failure, he is human, I was beginning to wonder, thanks for the biscuits again, I found the remnants tonight:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Effective removal of selotape and labels from a WC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My Blanco Kitchen Tap Model Swift BM1420 is leaking. Please see attached photos for details of where water leaks from. What I've done so...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone. We have a leak from one of cistern holding down bolts on our close coupled WC. This has occurred after a plumber replaced the...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
I have bought a new close-coupled WC that will be installed by a plumber. The plumber and I are currently in discussion about how it should be...
Replies
Views
I’m looking to get some advice on how to remove a stubborn kitchen tap. The sink is ceramic and I’m very reluctant to take a grinder or any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock