Search the forum,

Discuss Evo HE boiler hot water running hot and cold *help* :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

olivia rickman

Hi There,

I have an Ideal Evo HE combi boiler and the central heating is working fine but the hot water is having some issues. It is running hot and cold and after it has been on for about 20 seconds the error code 'HA' comes up on the boiler. It used to run very hot but no longer. The pressure is fine.

If anyone has any advice on what is happening or how it could be fixed I would much appreciate it.

Many thanks in advance,

Olivia

Hi, have you checked the DHW thermistor, I couldn't find the fault HA. Only H3 and H9 that ( H3 DHW thermistor) and (H9 Heat exchanger) but specifically the flow stat contact to the pipe. Check resistance

at 25 degrees expect 9.700 -10.300 ohms
60 degrees expect 2.400 - 2.600ohms
85 degrees expect 1000 - 1100 ohms

good luck

Thanks Moonlight, it also had previously had the error code L9 and in the manual is suggests that it is a problem the thermistor and over heating. Would I be able to test this myself with basic DIY skills?
Thanks again

Only if you are a gas safe engineer, as you will have to take the case off the boiler

You are not GSR and not to remove the boiler casing and do anything on the boiler get a gas registered engineer in to carry out the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Evo HE boiler hot water running hot and cold *help* :) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock