Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Excess water in fridge, dripping into freezer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gertrude

Hello,

My fridge/freezer (FF) is retaining excess water in the fridge. After a google search I have figured that the hole for it must be blocked somewhere (never took much notice of that hole tbh). I've tried putting a pipe cleaner down the front of it and while a small amount of gunk has come up, not a lot. It still seems to be blocked.

I've pulled out the FF to have a look at the other end of the pipe (easy enough) and it was bone dry. Putting pipe cleaner up it found nothing, so I assume blockage must be higher up.

The problem is, the FF has a metal thing at the back of it. Not sure what it is for, put it seems to have a pipe or cable running through it (Through the aches ect).

My question is, can I safely take this off myself to inspect the pipe? Anyone have any ideas? Here are a few pictures, including my top freeze draw. For the record, my FF is set to '2', out of 1-5. The FF itself is a candy futura (not actually mine, came with the flat so owned by the landlord).

Thank you.

Attachments

• BAck.jpg
    BAck.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Draw 2.jpg
    Draw 2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Hole.jpg
    Hole.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Draw 3.jpg
    Draw 3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
Report it to your landlord.

If you damage it you'll have to replace it and, knowing what most landlords are like, for a more expensive model.

The 'metal thing' at the back of the fridge is part of the refrigeration system.
If you damage it - it will release refrigerant gas and render the fridge useless.
You will be up for a new fridge.

The problems you are having are caused by either:
- excessive opening of the door
- faulty thermostat
- faulty compressor
- loss of refrigerant gas
- power supply not supplying correct voltage to appliance.

Either way - expensive repairs - cheaper to buy new fridge

Try completely defrosting your fridge. Then have a look to see if the door seal is fitting correctly. Looks like your getting a lot of fresh air in there.

Thank you. I didn't realise it could be a bigger problem. I shall contact the landlord. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Excess water in fridge, dripping into freezer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock