Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Expansion pumping over in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

denniswiseman

Hi

I have an S plan heating system with a deaerator fitted and a Grunfos 15-60 in a 19 rad system
When I run the pump on full it pumps over the expansion
The cold feed isn't blocked
It doesn't pump over on hot water only
This is a new occurence as it never happened before

I am a retired heating engineer and have seen most things but have never seen this before
I am considering a powerflush but would like to pick the brains of the many before I jump in

Hi Dennis
What type of deaerator have you got?
Most people would suggest cutting it out & pipeing it back up (in 28mm if you can).

If the system is dirty it will alway accumulate in the air separator due to the low water velocities I doubt very much whether a power flush will clear it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Expansion pumping over in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
My son has just had a new boiler fitted and hes noticed that the pump runs 24x7 even when both the heating and hot water are set to off. He’s...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock