Discuss Faulty Products in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ok, here's the situation. Did a wetroom installation recently. All is working fine except the toilet seat for the disabled toilet was cracked along the hingeline on inspection. We ordered another one which worked fine for a month and now there is a crack developing along the hingeline.

The customer isn't exactly overweight and I'm getting fed up having to run backwards and forwards to my merchant to exchange toilet seats and fit them for this customer.

Who do I invoice for my time? The merchant or the manufacturer? Unsurprisingly, both are saying it's the other but I'm getting fed up.

What do other people do in this situation?

It may have been a faulty batch,I would replace once more after that if it cracked would fit a different seat if possible and get refund from my supplier or if not possible would back charge manufacturers as they must manufacture items fit for their intended use,which obviously they are not doing !

I had a ÂŁ5 oil nozzle that was faulty. Spent a couple of extra hours before I decided to change it (suspecting it was something else). My analyzer died in the process. Don't know where I got the nozzle (one of three suppliers).

My chin hurt after that one.

my local pts i bought a armitage shanks bath shower mixer pig to change ancient plumbing shower pop up handle was faulty,and my pts just taken over by plumbbase so could not get a new part had to change it for a different make annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty Products in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Hi guys question about saniflos đź’© I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have a commercial customer who asked me a few months ago to investigate a toilet that kept blocking. They'd just had the blockage...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock