Discuss Faulty Push-Fit Fittings !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use plastic more than copper, this is my take on the liability question.

Your contract ends as soon as you leave the door and get paid. If you have any warranty terms they are probably for workmanship under these you would simply re-do work you havnt done properly if it can be proven you havnt done it properly. If your faulty workmanship caused damage you are only liable if it can be proven you acted negligenty.
In any case faulty materials aren't your responsibility because you arent the supplier of those materials. Customer pays you to buy them you are just an intermediary between customer and merchant. You are a service provider and can only be held accountable for faults in your service not faults in factory made products.

Nor are they merchants responsibility because stuff they supply comes packaged and have undergone quality controll by manufacturer. Unless again merhant has been negligent in storing it badly resulting in the fault for example.

The manufacturer gives end user the guarantee that the item will function over certain number of years and is directly liable for any damage caused by failure of that guarantee.

Sorry Stanios - are you describing what you think OUGHT to be the law, or the ACTUAL law? This may be what you would like, but in terms of the law in England and Wales, its comprehensively inaccurate.

Sorry!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Stanios - are you describing what you think OUGHT to be the law, or the ACTUAL law? This may be what you would like, but in terms of the law in England and Wales, its comprehensively inaccurate.

Sorry!

This is what I'd tell the customer to get them off my back :stuart:

So what exactly does the guarantee cover ??? does anyone know ? has anyone tried to make a claim ??

I went at it hammer and tongs about the issue i had (polyplumb) fitting blowing off showed all the paperwork for testing , showed photo's everything i could as was perplexed as to how a fitting tested suddenly blows off 11 months later.
rep was back against the wall and the phone calls to poly was pointless they just don't back up the guarantee from my experience.
Never used it since on my own work .

it has its uses yes the only thing i will use it for is fishing (long runs where needs to be in one length) or there stop ends and i only use jg

and tbh its more hassle than its worth needs clipping every 300 else it looks like a snake, not supportive eg when hot the thing drops if not clipped and fittings are massive

but it has it uses

i find i use more of there fittings over there pipe, like someone said above wet pipe/ pressure coupling and iso valve and bang on and done

I only use plastic fittings on plastic pipe, the only variation to that is if I bring a copper tail up say for a rad or hot/cold feed.

As for plastic pipe suffering from the dreaded Brewers droop the only reason for that is lack of clips - answer simple use more!

I mainly use it for running through holes I've drilled in hosts on site and never had a problem after testing.

I only use plastic fittings on plastic pipe, the only variation to that is if I bring a copper tail up say for a rad or hot/cold feed.

As for plastic pipe suffering from the dreaded Brewers droop the only reason for that is lack of clips - answer simple use more! ............QUOTE]

But isn't it a bit crazy that you are supposed to clip plastic pipe every 300mm, but one of the big alleged advantages of plastic is you can just feed it below floors from A to B? That's obviously okay on new builds, but not on an already built home, if you can clip every 300mm, you can easily fit copper.

Last edited:

As for plastic pipe suffering from the dreaded Brewers droop the only reason for that is lack of clips - answer simple use more! ............QUOTE]

But isn't it a bit crazy that you are supposed to clip plastic pipe every 300mm, but one of the big alleged advantages of plastic is you can just feed it below floors from A to B? That's obviously okay on new builds, but not on an already built home, if you can clip every 300mm, you can easily fit copper.

Agree with that mate, I always try and use copper in all my work but new builds are a different ball game.

Well as hammers has named the maker I am having problems with I will confirm it is Polyplumb ! I don't expect to get anywhere with them, but I was at a merchants in Saltash with the rep, when someone else rang in and was asking about the problem he had with a grab ring missing, what are we supposed to do strip every fitting B4 we use it ?? All I was told was because the fittings are on display anyone could tamper with them !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Faulty Push-Fit Fittings !!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Was at a house today and their new oil boiler was installed in a pretty shoddy fashion. Aka Plastic tiger loop screwed to the boiler casing...
Replies
Views
I've searched this forum but cannot see anyone else reporting a similar problem with the last generation grey Hep2O fittings: they unscrew! Our...
Replies
Views
Evening All I used this forum over the last month to research my problem with the Logic 35 boiler losing pressure. Background - My 4 year old...
Replies
Views
Rand G Thin
R
B
Doh. Did not register but have now. Sorry about that! I'm no expert but this case seems a bit dubious Long story short: - My boiler (performa...
Replies
Views
M
Hi guys, Sorry for the long post, appreciate any advice. I've had a letter from customers contents insurance about making a claim against my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock