Search the forum,

Discuss Fernox TF1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Resolute

Hi Folks,

I've a customer who has a slight weep on a TF1 where it swivels. Having not removed one of these before (only used magna cleans) is it serviceable or should I bin it and stick a new one in?

Cheers.

Cheers Johnny. The TF1 was existing and only just started weeping so I assumed the washer has perished.

Flow runs horizontally from left to right with TF1 pointing down.

it should have a yellow o ring and black spacer for left to right horizontal, also make sure the original black o ring washer has been removed.

Ok, will check these. Is there anyway of getting replacement seals? Can't see anything online and don't really wanna buy a new one if it's not needed.

Speak to fernox they may send u some free? Magnaclean always do.

The TF1's changed from the coloured o rings a while back to a clip

Cheers folks. I was hoping not to have to go back until I had the parts but guess I'll need to take it apart and check if its a seal or clip!

Cheers folks. I was hoping not to have to go back until I had the parts but guess I'll need to take it apart and check if its a seal or clip!

If fernox don't send you the I rings I will send you some. All mine have been fitted on vertical pipes on the return so none of the extra o rings needed. But I keep them anyway if customer ever wants pipework altering or boiler moving blah blah

I've got a hand full anyway

If fernox don't send you the I rings I will send you some. All mine have been fitted on vertical pipes on the return so none of the extra o rings needed. But I keep them anyway if customer ever wants pipework altering or boiler moving blah blah

I've got a hand full anyway

Cheers Kyle, I'll let you know.

Contacted Fernox today, they're sending me some seals FOC!

Thanks all for your help though!

Fernox now say that if the top seal is disturbed a new O ring must be fitted.

They said they will send out a new O ring every year !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fernox TF1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic control. The hot was not getting hot enough recently so (under instructions from the manufacturer) I removed the allen key valves bottom left and right...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've had F23 error on my Vaillant ecofit pure because of CH system. My rads are not heating up properly. I've replaced the 3 way mid position valve, and taken the head off the Grundfos UPS2 and cleaned out the impeller. I've run Sentinel x400 for 4 weeks now, prior to this I drained...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and still not fixed. Then serviced it and still got the fault. Called up worcester and one says its the gas valve as it is making a 3 whoosing noises while...
Replies
Views
Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock