Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss FGA change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chaps - after about 8 years using an Anton Sprint which was great but getting bit long in tooth , last week I bought a new Kane 455 kit - thing is the 3 boilers I have used it on since have all given high CO readings - 50 - 60 ppm and the only way I can get the CO reading to drop is by increasing the excess air thereby reducing the CO2 reading. This is the opposite of what I am used to- something not right here....

50-60ppm is perfectly fine and depending on boiler manufacture well within regs

50 to 60 is not an issue. I nearly creamed myself when I swapped from a wet kit to an analyser and got it to 0 ppm on co.

Id be happy with 50 to 60.
If its near 300 to 350 id start to raise an eyebrow

I think you only get concerned if more than 100 on oil boilers. After you clean an oil boiler in a service you will often get CO readings of 30 or 40 at least, which I assume is due to tiny particles of soot, etc burning partially. Although I do find CO in single numbers or zero on most modern clean boilers
It is parts per million, so 60 per million is one part in 16,666 parts.

Last edited:
gents beware - I have contacted Kane - they say I need an in line sulphur filter assembly plus filters. Never heard of this but with carriage is going to cost me £85 nicker. Apparently this is only needed for oil appliances :mad:

Yes the regs are 100 pmm maximum limit for oil, C0 in oil boilers should be below 100 pmm.
I have an anton sprint which i find a good analyser. I am not sure of the settings on kane but are the settings for fuel set for light oil and not gas or heavy oil. I was caught out before with this.

cheers Gazzt - settings all OK for light oil but got the sulphur filters yesterday and bingo my CO ppm is back down to 10 - 15:)

Many years ago , my pal bought a Kane , I bought an Anton , we both anylised my boiler at home , both were brand new , both gave different results lol . I am sure mine was the right one :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FGA change in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock