Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Finding a new cistern to fit my close coupled toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi - I have an old (maybe 45 year old) Twyfords Close Coupled toilet. The cistern has cracked, and I'd like to replace just the cistern. I'm struggling to find anything described as a close coupled cistern which doesn't have the bolt holes. I was hoping to find one with no bolt holes and just use the metal mounting plate for the bolts - e.g. part number CF8100XX. Any ideas where I can find such a cistern? Or can I use any cistern even a low level one? Anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks.

The extra bolt holes don't really matter just put bolts in up side down to seal holes off.
Try to get a cistern with same center to back measurement.
Having said that I would just change the whole dam thing only way it will ever look anything.

You would have extreme trouble finding a cistern to match a 10 year old pan let alone a 45 year old pan.

How bad is the crack? Hair line crack or a descent crack.

Reply to Finding a new cistern to fit my close coupled toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock