Discuss Fitting garden tap with multiple options... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnthePainter

I'm fitting a garden tap, and all going well but I am after some advice on the best way to connect to my cold feed.

I have a self-cutting tap (the one you get with those garden tap kits) which has a double check valve to stop the water entering the cold water pipe. I would normally just attach this somewhere after the first stop tap on the cold water pipe BUT there is not a lot of room AND I wondered if I could make use of the push fit connectors that are already in place that are connecting to my washing machine.

I have attached some photos and a diagram on how the cold water pipe is currently set up. I'm wondering if there's a push fit connector that would allow an extra pipe to be connected to the push fit connectors already there? If not, what would you advise? Can I use the self-cutting tap on the pipe that's after the push fit connectors and the flex that are connected to the tap?

Any advice would be appreciated.

IMG_8512.jpg IMG_0997.jpg IMG_4857.jpg

The middle photo (of the push fits) is the wrong orientation (it works left/right not up/down) but unsure how to change it.

Dont use a self cutting tap there terrible,
If you remove that JG elbow and fit either compression or push fit tee, then Full bore isolation valve, double check then tap will be fine

Dont use a self cutting tap there terrible,
If you remove that JG elbow and fit either compression or push fit tee, then Full bore isolation valve, double check then tap will be fine

That's exactly what I'm going to do... I didn't feel the self cutting tap would be good enough.

If I send you a photo of it laid out before I attach it all can you confirm it's all good? Will do this shortly.

Forum.png

this should help

Thanks all; really great help. Please see attached on what I did. This all seems good; only slight worry is there is a bit of a sllllooowww drip from the left side of the stop valve. I put some ptfe tape round both ends and tightened it right up but still maybe a little drip? Not even a drip... but some water seeping out. I've put a bucket under sink and will check in morning to see if it dies down. Any thoughts?

image.jpg

All looks good except for the PTFE, turn the water off undo the fitting and put 2-4 wraps around the olive its self not the threads on the nut/fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting garden tap with multiple options... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock