Search the forum,

Discuss Connector for tap with threaded tails. And should I seal the washer? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one:

Tap.png

And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe using compression:

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flomasta-compression-straight-tap-connector-15mm-x-1-2-/58294

If not, please could someone let me know what the correct part would be?

Also, are the rubber mounting washers that come with the tap enough to make a good seal to the worktop? Or is it usual to add a little silicone as well?

Many thanks

Yes correct if you want compression you could also use a flex if you want eg

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flexible-tap-connector-15mm-x-1-2-x-300mm/6768g

And the washer are fine to the sink top aslong as you tighten the retaining nuts

I was just thinking....

I should have plenty of space behind the sink to use a normal spanner. But I was going to get a basin wrench just in case (the old school crows feet type). Would I need a 15mm/22mm one, or a 1/2"/3/4" one? I always get confused with that, especially when one end of the connector is 15mm and the other 1/2"!!

Many thanks

I was just thinking....

I should have plenty of space behind the sink to use a normal spanner. But I was going to get a basin wrench just in case (the old school crows feet type). Would I need a 15mm/22mm one, or a 1/2"/3/4" one? I always get confused with that, especially when one end of the connector is 15mm and the other 1/2"!!

Many thanks
I would definitely recommend using the flexible tap connectors, makes the job so much easier.
As for the basin wrench, something like this would be a lot easier.

68DCB82E-EDAB-4617-869C-D38BF710D304.png

Reply to Connector for tap with threaded tails. And should I seal the washer? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock