Search the forum,

Discuss Fitting of Villeroy & Boch Aveo WC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JEB770

Hello,

Have just had fitted a Villeroy & Boch AVEO close coupled back to wall WC. The cistern appears to be made to be free standing and not attached to the wall (no fitting holes in cistern). As a result it does not feel very secure. It stands up slightly away from the wall and it rocks.

Does anyone have experience of fitting this particular WC and have any suggestions.

Thanks, John

not on this one

check the fitting instructions and with the manufacturer as it should be secured to a wall as just on the pan is not stable when flushin etc

Yeah, fitted exact WC. Used a special silicon mastic called 'The Works' to stick it back to a primed wall. This was over 12 months ago and had no probles from customer. If the gap at back is too big, fix a suitable batten and then apply the mastic to this and to the back of the cistern.

There are a few continental wc's around now with no fixing holes for the cistern. This may be fine for the continent where most floors are solid and a floor mounting would have no movement but on timber floors there is always a bit of give.
As for the cistern sitting not square with the wall, this is another problem which can't be easily solved. A couple of mill off the square between the wc and cistern will throw it out 20mm. Wall and floor are seldom perfectly square either.

You can stick it back to the wall if it is close enough but i can't see a customer being happy with a bit wood behind it after paying a fortune for a fancy bathroom. One way of getting it back is to sink the back bottom edge of the wc into the wall slightly. This is easier done if you know it is not going to sit square and the tiles are cut or fitted to suit. they can be cut in situ if you need to.

Neither of these are ideal but you sometimes have to do what you have to do.

Never had any of this nonsense when fitting low levels:p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fitting of Villeroy & Boch Aveo WC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock